Sunday 1 March 2009

Goal fest at Deepdale

Deepdale is now a tidy Championship ground with all four sides renewed though it appears one side is not quite finished. Amazing I saw a goal in the first few minutes, a penalty but boded well for further entertainment as Ipswich were playing well. And so it was, I enjoyed a match with five gaols the lion's share going to the home side.

There is little to distinguish the ground from many others save maybe the portraits of famous players made in the seats at each end; Shankly and Alan Kelly; and of course of Sir Tom Finney where I sat. Outside the National Football Museum is part of the set-up and worth a visit.
The tea cost £1.50 and my seat £21.50. I arrived on foot after being dropped off by good lady but parking is possible. Buses to the centre are available and the rail station is on the west coast mainline so well connected.

No comments: