Sunday 7 August 2011

Sixfields - No Goals

Tidy little lower league round in amongst some industrial developments and close to other sports developments, Sixfields is a fairly standard affair.  The atmosphere was a bit limp for an opening season fixture but then Stanley only brought about fifty supporters.  Both sets of fans made some noise but then the match never really got going and lacked any goals.  The cobblers had a few thundering shots but all over the bar and Accrington had one attempt disallowed.
I sat in a family stand though it was difficult to tell.  Tea was an average two quid and the Chicken Balti - was it the famous one?  I couldn't tell but it was very edible for its £2.90.

I booked my ticket online and picked it up from a portacabin as advised by the football ground guide website but poorly advertised by the club itself (it did say once you got into the ticket office).
Thanks to my family enjoying entertainment in Milton Keynes I traveled up from there on the train and walked to the ground (25 minutes), no problems.

No comments: