Sunday 14 October 2012

Burying Bury at Broadfield

Finally back on the road again. Timing was about tight because of a fuel spill on the M25 but I made to see an excellent match as Crawley Town just pipped Bury to the points. The ground does show signs of belonging to a recently promoted non-league side.  The stand I was in was a temporary looking affair but it worked and allows the locals to make some noise by stamping their feet.
I had a jumbo sausage roll and onions with some tea for four quid. Perfectly edible though I did hear other fans complaining of aggressive staff later I didn't have any such treatment.

I also just squeezed into the car park for three quid though I think I saw some free parking advertised as I drove past the ground.  Getting away wasn't too bad but the roundabout next to the ground was a long wait as most traffic wasn't going my way.  It seems most fans use a good and very close bus service.
I felt really sorry for the cheer leaders who after a brief 5 minute routine at half time got to stand as a guard of honor for ten minutes in the cold and rain. One decent scoreboard and the home fans were pretty quiet unlike the Lancashire travellers who kept up a good noise throughout and were hard done to by a very late winner after coming back from 2 down.  They didn't look like a bottom of the table side but it was entertaining.

No comments: