Sunday 9 August 2015

Cold-chester no more hot-chester!

A scorcher of an opening match at Colchester's stadium. Temperatures were hot enough that even in a shaded stand tee shirts were worn for decency not warm. I used the excellent park and ride just over the other side of the A12. Asked if I was there for football I was charged £3 to park and walked the short distance following signs marked for football fans to the stadium.
Weston Homes Community Stadium Colchester
After purchasing a ticket for the west stand at £27 I walked around and got some food from under the east stand; open to the public without giving access to the stand itself. Tea was the cheapest I have encountered in the last five years of a solitary pound. The stadium is new pleasant enough, nothing special but it suits them.
The mascot was on his game and I would say a bald eagle. The football was quite vibrant and the four goals were enough to make for an entertaining game.
After the game I made an easy exit to the next door dual carriageway and off the home. I good experience and can recommend a visit.

No comments: