Sunday 14 September 2014

Athletic or Batteries?

I remember Oldham Batteries - they seem to have been taken over now. I was late arriving at the ground and dropped on a park car park just as someone left. I then raced across Boundary Park, the playing fields, to the ground where eventually I entered through a cash turnstile (£20) to a seat next to the pitch.
They are building a new stand with was there in part, framework up and a few rows of concrete presumably for seating. So I visit two grounds in a row being redeveloped - ooh!

I didn't need fedding when I arrived as I had eaten out an hour earlier so just had a cold drink from the food bar.  It seemed to be selling long hot dogs that at least two youths were enjoying when I bought my Fanta. The ground lacked a scoreboard I could see and there were no programme sellers inside so I came away without a ticket stub or prgramme. Or memories of any goals either. It wasn't a terrible match but the finishing was poor. Still the poeple were friendly enough. I'd go back.

No comments: